Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can a person make good money writing for this platform?

Hey. I am new here. I was wondering whether it is a good site to write for and earn. I have only written two articles and I am wondering whether people make real money here. How long does an article take to sell? 

Comments

• edited February 2016
    hi Spike! Just like Ann, I am also curious, if we can make good enough money here? I have written one article here and overall, I liked the experience. I usually write for iwriter, but one thing I like here is that, we can write just about anything. Though it gives you freedom, but I know, this is the reason writers need to wait. 

I like your comments and straight forward blunt replies. In one of your comments, you mentioned that writers made $2000 in an year? Is that all? Okay, I understand, so many of them would be inactive, so please mention how much did the highest earner made?

Also, as we can see you have built WLE on WordPress and I feel you plan to make it big some day, so can big sites be made on WordPress because AFAIK, most new startups build their websites from scratch totally to cut out the clutter and keep it as clean as possible, isn't it?

Now, I would like to stick with you and want to grow as a writer with your website. I wish you make sustainable profits and grow a lot, so that I also get to work here and make good money, but right now, I do not know how much money can I really make here. Please throw some light on it.

On your website it is written, Earn as much as you want. Ok, I do not expect to make a million dollars here, but I feel like, at least fairly good money, I must be able to make. If there are't too many buyers, I guess writer's work will continue staying in the market without a sale. I know, it is still my property and I can use it and it really makes it safe and not risky at all, but still, writers would like to make sales.

So, what is the potential here currently? I will stick with you even if it is quite low, but like how many dollars can I make here per week? or how much total sales you are making per week?

Thanks a lot!
  • Just like Ann, I am also curious, if we can make good enough money here? 

It depends on how you define "good enough money".

In one of your comments, you mentioned that writers made $2000 in an year? Is that all? Okay, I understand, so many of them would be inactive, so please mention how much did the highest earner made?

Overall just over $1,600 in the 1st year, over $3,300 in the second year. The top two members made over $500 each in 2015.

Also, as we can see you have built WLE on WordPress and I feel you plan to make it big some day, so can big sites be made on WordPress because AFAIK, most new startups build their websites from scratch totally to cut out the clutter and keep it as clean as possible, isn't it?

Those with enormous development budgets do, yes. People like me build what they can. WP is managing perfectly well with thousands of articles and members - it's very scalable as long as you code your plugins properly (and don't rely on WP's built-in functions too much).
  • edited February 2016
    So, what is the potential here currently? I will stick with you even if it is quite low, but like how many dollars can I make here per week? or how much total sales you are making per week?

An impossible question, I'm afraid. To be completely blunt, much of the content I see is regurgitated, uninteresting junk posted by people looking to make a quick buck (i.e. people who haven't understood what quality content is, at all). Their work sits in the marketplace for months and months because, frankly, no one is going to pay good money for yet another article that says the same thing available on 1,000 other sites.

If you write good content, there's plenty of potential. The customers are there. The need for content is there. It's simple, really - the bigger your portfolio and the more interesting it is, the more you can make, but if you spam the same old same-old, you'll maybe make a few dollars here and there.

Ask yourself "Would I pay $20, $30, $40 for this?" - if you wouldn't, why would you expect someone else to?

• Thanks a lot for the valuable information. 

If you write good content, there's plenty of potential. The customers are there. The need for content is there. 

Alright. Nice to hear that.

I guess I need to understand clearly what is great content actually because on iwriter, I have just followed the instructions and mostly it has been great, I have never written independently. To begin with, your book will provide me valuable information, I am sure. Thanks for that again!

Have a nice day!
  • Hi all,
    Am also joining this fantastic team. I have submitted two articles. Looking forward to a review of the same so that I can get a direction on the kind of content quality expected. Hoping to have a great time here and earn some good money.